Why Wastech Engineering Products?
• 25 years of relevant experience in providing premier integrated industrial automated process systems and environmental solutions for industrial wastewater treatment, chemical transfer, and fluid handling
• All products are designed and manufactured in the USA
• Full staff of engineers and trained technicians to support the operation and maintenance of all Wastech equipment
Industries Using Wastech Engineered Equipment:
Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology
- Systems compliant with mandatory FDA regulation (electronic record keeping)
- Batch or Continuous process automated systems using industry standard SCADA
- Systems that can handle extreme pH values using Wastech’s patented “concentrated acid or base treatment systems”
Food & Beverage
- Providing large custom pH neutralization systems for dealing with heavy water usage for production purposes within this industry
- Wastech systems can be designed for indoor or outdoor installations, and may include value-added features such as retractable, self-cleaning pH probes and effluent pH data logging with access to the data over an Ethernet connection
- Equipment designed for compliance with FDA regulations within this industry
- Expert at removing metals from wastewater as well as neutralization or recycling of used wastewater
Power Generation and Energy
- Automation of any fluid-handling system
Oil & Chemical Manufacturing
- Plant wide SCADA systems to control and monitor processes throughout a facility in one central or remote locations
- Offering Explosion Proof or Intrinsically Safe controls
National & University Research Laboratories
- Fully contained, small-scale systems for treating and handling highly concentrated acids and caustics
- Ideal system sizes for hospitals and laboratories with limited space availability
Wastech Engineering is an experienced design and manufacturing company focused on providing standard and custom skid mounted systems for pH adjustment, heavy metals and Fluoride removal, pump lift stations, solvent and chemical collection and delivery, process cooling water, custom filtration, ion exchange and related controls and software.
pH Adjustment Systems
The term pH (abbreviated as the “power of Hydrogen”) is the negative log of hydrogen ion concentration in a water-based solution. In simple terms, it is the measurement of acidity or alkalinity of water soluble substances. The pH scale is from 1 to 14, with 7 being considered a neutral point. pH values below 7 are considered acidic (where a pH of 1 is the most acidic) while values above 7 are alkaline (where a value of 14 is the most alkaline).
The most common application for pH adjustment systems is to move the pH of wastewater used within an industrial or laboratory facility to a neutral value so that the wastewater will be within limits set by a publicly owned treatment works or a discharge permit. Wastech Engineering designs and builds single stage, dual stage, and even three stage treatment systems that adjust pH either in a batch or continuous solutions for applications that produce a high volume of acidic or basic process wastewater.
Heavy Metal Removal Systems
There are many metal byproducts from industrial or laboratory processes that contain heavy metals such as Nickel, Chrome, Zinc, Cadmium and Copper. It is required by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that their presence in wastewater be reduced to legal levels before being discharged into the environment.
Packaged and custom Heavy Metal Removal Systems from Wastech, that utilize both precipitation and ion exchange technology, are designed to assist industrial facilities in eliminating or reducing the existence of up to 21 heavy metals from their process wastewater. In instances where wastewater is highly-concentrated with heavy metals, precipitation processes are used, whereas the ion exchange method is more appropriate for treating wastewater with lower concentration of heavy metals.
Whether the application requires a continuous or batch operation design, Wastech will provide the most optimal system for your situation based upon analysis of your specific waste stream.
Other Wastech Engineered Capabilities:
• Fluoride Removal
• Chemical & Solvent Collection
• Pump Lift Stations
• Process Chilled Water - compact, skid mounted systems that circulate process water at a consistent temperature and pressure to the application’s point of use and back, allowing for more efficient and stable use of water-cooled machines, equipment and instruments.
• Chemical Dispensing - designed for precise chemical injection, these Wastech systems use high quality corrosion-resistant metering pumps to inject chemicals into a process tank or piping manifold.
- Custom Process Skids
- Acid Dilution
- Sulfuric Acid Treatment
- Heat Exchangers
- Vacuum Distillation (ZLD)
- Heat Pumps
- Vapor Recompression
- Water Recycling (IX)
- Control Panel Fabrication
A brief, yet informative article entitled "Why Choose A pH Adjustment System?" that will provide some excellent insight.